Professional Dental Hygiene in Cambridge It's often said that "prevention is better than cure." By incorporating regular professional teeth cleaning into your oral care routine with our Cambridge-based dental hygienist, you can take proactive steps to prevent gum disease and tooth decay.
About Our Dental Hygienist
What to Expect from a Dental Hygienist
- A thorough scale and polish procedure effectively remove harmful plaque and deposits of tartar. These deposits, if left untreated, can lead to periodontal (gum) disease. By incorporating hygienist visits into your regular dental care routine, you can stay ahead of the curve and avoid becoming one of the 19 out of 20 individuals who may suffer from gum disease during their lifetime.
- After a meticulous cleaning and an analysis of your overall gum health, your dental hygienist will provide a final touch by giving your teeth a shine and polish using a gentle, quiet air polisher, which effectively eliminates superficial stains. In cases where decay is present, your hygienist may apply fluoride or an antibacterial gel.
- In addition to the comprehensive scale and polish, your dental hygienist will conduct a thorough assessment of your overall oral health. If they identify any issues that require further attention, they will promptly refer you to your dentist for further treatment, making a visit to the hygienist an invaluable component of your oral health care routine.
AirFlow Stain Removal Procedure
Common Stains Removed
The health of your teeth is invaluable, and prevention is better than treatment further down the line. We can spot any signs of anything rumbling unnoticed and work with you to keep your smile fresh and bright, now and in the future.
Before and After AirFlow
The advantages of AirFlow stain removal include:
- Painless procedure.
- Highly effective in removing stains and disease-causing plaque and calculus.
- Rapid and efficient.
- Gentle on teeth.
- Suitable for individuals with teeth hypersensitivity.
- Polishes the tooth’s surface while cleaning.
- Safe for cleaning dental prostheses like implants, crowns, and bridges.
- Possesses antibacterial properties.
- Safe for use during orthodontic treatments and to clean braces.